Sunday, April 19, 2009

Change Can Be Good... Sometimes

OK well I guess it is time for updates.

First, on the news from the last post, I still don't have the update yet. I will get it to you as soon as I can.

Sad, but not necessarily bad news. For a few weeks there had been rumors that my Senior Director, Priscilla Pharms, was going to be leaving our school for our sister school in Arlington. Well Friday our Chief of Schools announced that this is going to happen. First I just want to say that she is probably the best boss that I have EVER had. This is the type of boss that you always want, she has been supportive, and has guided me where I have needed it, as has the rest of my administrative staff. But our school in Arlington desperately needs her at this time, and she feels that we are ready to carry on without her. So I have decided, that if she thinks we can do it without her being there, then I'm going to trust that decision.

Now for the exciting news. Lauren's car had its inspection up again. Well her check engine light came up (as it did last year) and we were going to have to get some repairs. now what frustrates me most about this, is that the things that needed to be repaired had nothing to do with the safety or drivability of the car, but with its emissions system. I'm sorry I do not want to pay $600 plus dollars to fix something I don't even agree should be required to get fixed, especially when I paid to fix the EXACT same thing this time last year. So after discussing with Lauren, we decided to go to the chevy dealership and look at HHR's. Lauren has wanted one, since Mikie and Lindsey got one. So the sales man offered us $1000 for the Integra, (personally, I don't think it's worth that much) and we were able to put a downpayment with that. Well come to find out the price tag was wrong, it was supposed to be $5000 more, but they have to honor the listed price, so we got a great deal. So we now have a 2007 black Chevy HHR, and we LOVE it. Now here is the irony of it all. My Cavalier, we swore this would be the first car we got rid of, well we got rid of Lauren's Mazda back in July of 2007, and now we've gotten rid of the Acura Integra, and we still have the Cavalier. That thing has given me so many problem, but it takes a licking and keeps on ticking. Yay Chevys ;-p ! If it can make it till Deceember of 2010, I'll be happy. (If we can, we'll trade it in for a truck which is what I want.)

Until Next Time,
Tillitson Clan

No comments:

Post a Comment