Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Taking Care Of The Pup

So taking care of Iris has been interesting. Especially the waking up every 2 hours to feed her (I guess this is God preparing me for my future.) (Not now, but at some point.) We have some awesome friend that do help out in this during the day. The awkward thing is giving her fluids. The have to be injected into the skin, which creates a bubble that she gradually absorbs. The other hard part is her pills. She HATES pills. She bit me today while I was trying to give her pills. She didn't mean to bite me, but she was trying to keep her mouth shut, so fighting it she would end up biting me. Then she would still spit out the pills, URRGGG!!!! Ok, must remember to be patient, just like the doctor said. You know it really seems like God is preparing me for something through this ;-p .

Until Next Time,
Tillitson Clan

2 comments:

  1. Can you put the pills in something? I found that wrapping them up in a small piece of tortilla with some peanut butter spread on it made it impossible for Smallz to spit out pills. That was before he got kind of fat and would eat anything I put in front of him... I am glad Iris is doing better! Let us know if we can help with something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We tried that, and she would eat around it. Fortunately, her food is wet food, so I smash up the pills and mix it up into her food.

    ReplyDelete